Another Weekend, Another Refactoringby Gamefic on Jun 28, 2015
The Director class that handles actions just went through a major overhaul. Most of the changes are internal, so the impact on plot scripts should be minimal. Among the changes:
- The Director's functionality is broken into several components for improved readability. I also removed a lot of cruft that made it unnecessarily complex.
- The Delegate, in particular, is much smaller and simpler now.
- The passthru method has been deprecated in favor of Character#proceed. It behaves the same but is much less fragile.
- Disambiguation and unrecognized command actions are meta. Among other things, this means they don't require assertion rules to execute.
- Several classes have been refactored to use autoload in order to improve the code structure. This feature was temporarily available on the master branch, but I reverted back due to issues with Opal. It works correctly in Opal 0.7.2.
- More specs. My local checkout has 91 examples, including a suite of standard import tests.
Most of the updates are still on a separate branch while I troubleshoot a few more features. With any luck, I'll have it stable just in time for IFComp.comments powered by Disqus